Chickpea and Tomato Pasta
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 14.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- Combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and bay leaf in the Beautiful 8" Fry Pan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until garlic chips are golden brown. Set aside for serving.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil using the Beautiful 6QT Dutch Oven, season with salt, and add spaghetti. Cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 8 to 9 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water and drain spaghetti.
- While paste is cooking, heat remaining olive oil in the Beautiful 12" Fry Pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until some tomatoes are bursting, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and harissa and cook until chickpeas are softened, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer spaghetti into pan with chickpea mixture, add ½ cup pasta cooking water and keep tossing and cooking until spaghetti is glossy and coated in sauce.
- Serve pasta with reserved garlic chips.