Whole Roasted Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 3½ to 4 pound chicken, at room temperature and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 whole head garlic, halved crosswise
- 2 sprigs rosemary, plus more for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper, make sure to season inside the cavity. Tie chicken legs together with twine.
- Toss potatoes, onion, garlic, and rosemary with remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer vegetable mixture to the Beautiful 6QT Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven and nestle chicken on top of vegetables.
- Roast chicken until cooked through and golden brown and the potatoes are tender cooked through, 55 to 60 minutes. Remove Enameled Dutch Oven from oven and let chicken rest 15 minutes.
- 4. Serve chicken with roasted potatoes and onions and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.